Saturday 16 January 2016

Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg Congratulates His Former Harvard Lecturer Who Has Been His Employee For 10yrs.

Facebook employee and former Mark's Lecturer, Andrew Bosworth (a.k.a Boz) has spent 10 years with the Social Media giant. His former student and boss took to Facebook to sing his praises. Mark wrote:
Today we're celebrating Andrew Bosworth's 10 year anniversary at Facebook! (I still have one more week of paternity leave, but I stopped by the office to help celebrate.)I first met Boz, as we all call him, at Harvard in a class on AI. He was the teaching fellow responsible for helping my section and grading our work. He made such a strong impression on me that as soon as I started building our team for Facebook, I called all my smartest teachers and friends and he was one of the first people I talked to. 

Boz has been one of the most influential people in Facebook's history. He wrote a lot of the code for the original News Feed, and then went on to lead several engineering teams, including messages and profiles. Over the past few years, he has led our product effort to have a great ads experience on mobile and desktop. His work is one of the reasons our community is so strong today, and he has been an important cultural voice around our mission and values. 
Boz, thank you for being a great friend and partner, and for everything you do to make the world more open and connected.
Many congrats to Boz.

No comments:

Post a Comment