Thursday 3 September 2015

Paralysed Man Stands For The First Time In EIGHT Years On His Wedding Day

A wheelchair-bound ma brought his wife and guest to tears as he stood to take marriage vows. Paralyzed Neil Martin has been confined to his wheelchair since 2007.

According to him: “Ginny was delighted. She was choking back tears.

“I can’t thank the people – the strangers – who helped me enough.”
Neil told his wife, who he met through friends, to leave him after he became gravely sick in 2007.
But the 54-year-old refused, and a date was set for their wedding.

He said: "I wanted to make the most of it.”
Ginny added: "As we greeted people at the reception, everyone was so pleased to see him standing up.
"I didn't know he'd had the chair delivered. I was gulping back tears.
“It really made the day.
“I’m so emotional.”
Neil said: “Before I was paralysed I used to love dancing.
"We wouldn't have had a first dance if I'd had to sit down for it and that would have been heart-breaking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment