Friday 31 July 2015

"I Was A Bus Driver"- Gov. Fayose

Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State has finally reveal where his popularity among Okada riders and bus drivers came from.

At the swearing-in ceremony of the new State Executive of Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria in Ado Ekiti, the governor disclosed that he was once a bus driver. 

He said, “I was once a driver like you. I used the money I got from driving to sponsor myself for
HND at Ibadan Polytechnic, but I did not get desperate. All I’m saying is that being a driver you can make it in life. You will become what you want to become in life with hard work.
“Don’t join evil gang for you to get rich overnight; try and rise through the ladder like we did. Though I am part of you, if you breach the law, I won’t save or spare you. You will be arrested and prosecuted by the security agents,” he said.
He asked the drivers not to 'drink' and 'drive.'

No comments:

Post a Comment